Why join BIDA?
BIDA is the best way to play a part in the development of your profession, help grow your business, and raise the profile and impact of Industrial Design in the economy.
BIDA is the collective voice of the professional industrial design sector. We promote the interests of members to clients, government and other stakeholders. Collectively we aim to inform policy and help advance members' careers and businesses, promote better design education and practice.
Any individual or team of individuals with an interest in design can apply and pay for for membership online today, using the application form.
There are 3 ways to benefit from BIDA membership:
Step One: MEMBERSHIP
Affiliate Membership - Open to anyone interested in industrial design, who also share BIDA collective values. Membership is free.
- Your voice and opinions are listened to
- You form part of a powerful industry lobbying group
- Sponsorship opportunities for organisations by special arrangement.
Professional Individual Membership - For individuals who are involved in or with service, interaction or product design, who want to be part of the professional industrial design community. £156 per individual annually. Affiliate benefits plus:
- Regular industry news
- Exhibition/conference discounts
- Invitation to BIDA events
- Connection with the Industrial Design community
- Full BIDA voting rights
Professional Team Membership - Distinguishes outstanding teams from the world of design consultancy, in-house groups or education. £240 per team annually, plus £96 per team member (discount rate). Affiliate and Individual benefits plus:
- Discounted individual membership cost
- Sole traders can apply
- Promotion on BIDA website directory
- Banner images on BIDA website
- Business opportunities
- Speaker opportunities
Step Two: ACCREDITATION
Accreditation demonstrates a credible status, awarded by and for practising industrial designers. The criteria recognises real creativity and is based on the National Occupational Standards for Industrial Design.
ProBIDA - £72 one off cost
> 5 years experience - by interview
> 15 years experience - by application
- Professional Qualification
- Use of accreditation logo
- Use of ProBIDA suffix
- Qualification Certificate
ProTeamBIDA - free to qualifying teams
Must have at least one ProBIDA member
- Use of accreditation logo
- Qualification certificate
- BIDA directory ranking by number of accredited designers
Please choose the membership category that best suits you or your team. If in any doubt, choose affiliate. You can upgrade later if you are qualified to do so - it's a quick, simple process.
Pay online by Direct Debit or as a card payment. The link is in the application form. Please submit a form for each team member applying to join.